|OSBETAWORLD.COM · FORUM RULES||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
Posted: Aug 18 2010, 04:54 PM
Member No.: 1
Joined: 25-July 10
*I am only concerned with utilities to create disk images for windows based machines, disk to disk cloning is not a requirement but it is a benefit, image creation is a requirement.
Disk Imaging Products:
* R-Drive - http://www.drive-image.com/
* Acronis TrueImage - http://www.acronis.c...oose-trueimage/
* Symantec Norton Ghost - http://www.symantec....v...&pvid=ghost
* DriveImage XML - http://www.runtime.org/dixml.htm
* SelfImage - http://selfimage.excelcia.org/
* NFGDump - http://sourceforge.n...ojects/nfgdump/
* PartImage - http://www.partimage.org/Main_Page
* Ping (Partimage is not Ghost) (same as Partimage?) - http://ping.windowsdream.com/
* imageIT - http://www.synergix.com/v1/imageit.htm
* Frisbee - http://www.cs.utah.e...nix03-base.html
* Drive Snapshot - http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/
* Image for Dos - http://www.terabyteu....com/image.html
* Image for Windows - http://www.terabyteu...com/imagew.html
* ImageX - http://www.microsoft...;DisplayLang=en
* O&O Diskimage 2 - http://www.oo-softwa...ts/oodiskimage/
* DuBaron DiskImage - http://dubaron.com/diskimage/
* DrvImagerXp - http://www.softpedia...vImagerXP.shtml (developer site appears to be defunct)
* Partition Saving - http://www.partition-saving.com/
* g4u - http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/
* dsfok - http://members.ozema...freeware/#dsfok
* Perfect Image - http://shop.avanques...AQ_UK_AD_AQHOME
* Paragon Hard disk manager - http://www.paragon-s.../home/personal/
* Paragon Deployment Manager - http://www.deployment-manager.com/
* Paragon Drive Backup - http://www.drive-bac.../home/personal/
* 7tools Partition Imager - http://www.7tools.de/pi/index.htm
* Dfsee - http://www.dfsee.com/dfsee/
* Active Disk Image - http://www.disk-imag...drive-image.htm
* Desktop Authority Image Center - http://www.scriptlog...ty/imagecenter/
* Clonezilla - http://clonezilla.sourceforge.net/
* WinImage - http://www.winimage.com/
* CloneGenius - http://www.clonegenius.com/
* Vista and windows 7 imageX: http://www.microsoft.com
O&O DiskImage Express Edition is the freeware version of our celebrated data imaging product. Thanks to its being so easy to use, youâ€™ll be able to create images of your entire computer and restore individual data drives in no time at all.
Disk Cloning Products:
* Ontrack DiskManager (OEM versions supplied with drives) - http://www.ontrack.com/diskmanager/
* WinDD - http://sourceforge.net/projects/windd/
* HDClone - http://www.miray.de/...at.hdclone.html
* XXCopy - http://www.xxcopy.com/index.htm
* clone maxx - http://www.pcinspect.../uk/welcome.htm
* Trinity Rescue Kit - http://trinityhome.o...d=1&front_id=12
THANKS to icemaND for creating the list: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/100299-dis...aging-software/
Posted: Aug 18 2010, 05:54 PM
Member No.: 1
Joined: 25-July 10
What can you do with CloneDisk?
-save/restore the MBR or BS,
-delete the layout of the drive, create disk, create a main partition,
-wipe with 0's,
-resize partition (negative growth works but be careful) and volume
-create a raw image file,
-make a vmdk/vmx from a raw image file to boot your cloned disk in vmware,
-turn a physical disk raw image file into a VHD file and the other way around,
-install grub4dos MBR,
-do various operations on the registry around booting,
-copy all files from one logical drive to another,
-format any device to fat16/fat32/ntfs (includig usb pen),
-read faulty devices (with bad sectors for instance),
-backup & restore from devio (imdisk server-end),
-perform speed tests,
-edit the partition table.
The drive will be locked and dismounted before reading / writing.
CloneDisk will use 64k aligned buffer to achieve best performances.
CloneDisk should handle file up to 2^63-1 bytes.
You can read the image file with winimage or mount it with ImDisk (http://www.ltr-data.se/opencode.html#ImDisk) or VDK (http://chitchat.at.infoseek.co.jp/vmware/vdk.html).
You can also share the thru an iscsi target with Rocket Division Starwind.
Tip 1: adding the vmware scsi drivers before cloning will enable you to start the image in vmware after cloning.
Tip 2: applying this kb (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314082) before cloning will enable you to start the image in QEMU after cloning.
Tip 3: install boot on iscsi before cloning (http://etherboot.org/wiki/sanboot/winnt_iscsi) and network boot your image thru iscsi after cloning.
Discuss it here
To do in future versions :
-change destination size -extract bytes at specific offset -backup / restore over the network
more info: http://erwan.l.free.fr/clonedisk/
*VERY GOOD FOR "LIVE" OS LIKE WINPE or BARTPE
Posted: Oct 8 2010, 02:04 PM
Member No.: 1
Joined: 25-July 10
Download EASEUS Todo Backup
Author: CHENGDU YIWO Tech Development Co. Ltd.
Size: 34 MB
Requires: Win XP/2003/08/Vista/Windows7
Downloaded: 55264 Times
Improve Performance: Update Your Drivers
Download EASEUS Todo Backup from the USA Download@MajorGeeks
Download EASEUS Todo Backup fromthe USA Download@MajorGeeks
Download from Internode Internode - |Australia|
Rating: 4.12 (50 votes)
Bookmark and Share [download_title]
Report A Bad Link
Recommended Download: Click Here to Check for System Problems
EASEUS Todo Backup can backup your system partition to quickly get the system up and running in the event of a system crash or hardware failure. It allows you to backup and restore hard drive or partition after viruses attack, unstable software download, hard drive failure, etc. Meanwhile, EASEUS Todo Backup is useful if you want to upgrade the older smaller hard disk without reinstalling the operating system and applications once again.
Main features of EASEUS Todo Backup:
- Backup system: backup the entire system partition, including the system state and all files to an image file.
- Backup disk: backup the whole disk including operating system, all data to an image file.
- Restore image: restore all the previous backed up disk and system image in a few minutes.
- Bootable CD/DVD: restore system and disk with bootable CD/DVD when there is a boot failure.
- Clone disk: clone disk to backup or upgrade to a newer or larger one without reinstalling operating system.
- Check image file to ensure successful restoration.
- Mount backup image files as virtual drives.
CompatDB.org Project: >> Submit Results for EASEUS Todo Backup - Check Results
Posted: Nov 4 2010, 05:36 PM
Member No.: 1
Joined: 25-July 10
Redo Backup and Recovery is so simple that anyone can use it. It is the easiest, most complete disaster recovery solution available. It allows bare-metal restore, which means that even if your hard drive melts or gets completely erased by a virus, you can have a completely-functional system back up and running in as little as 10 minutes.
All your documents and settings will be restored to the exact same state they were in when the last snapshot was taken. Redo Backup and Recovery is a live CD, so it does not matter if you use Windows or Linux. You can use the same tool to backup and restore every machine. And because it is open source released under the GPL, it is completely free for personal and *commercial* use.
Latest Version: 0.9.7
Released: September 22, 2010
More Features, Less Complex
Redo Backup has the most features coupled with the simplest, most user-friendly interface:
* Easy graphical user interface boots from CD in less than a minute
* No installation needed; runs from a CD-ROM or a USB stick
* Saves and restores Windows and Linux machines
* Automatically finds local network shares
* Access your files even if you can't log in
* Recover deleted pictures, documents, and other files
* Internet access with Firefox to download drivers
* Live CD download size is only about 75MB
Why Not Use...?
Many excellent solutions such as Acronis and Norton Ghost already exist. However, most backup tools cost money, only save data files (rather than the whole system), or come with restrictive licenses. Many are applications that are designed to run on a specific platform. While there are some open source alternatives, these programs are often far too complex for regular users, and most require knowledge of a command line, or ask too many difficult questions.
Everyday computer users, more than any other group, need an intuitive point-and-click solution that can recover them from a disaster, and Redo Backup and Recovery was designed for this very purpose. It is the simplest open source backup and recovery solution available.
How Does it Work?
Most backup and restore programs require your system to be up and running in order to restore. But what if you cannot boot into Windows? What if you have a nasty virus, and you can't even open Windows to try to restore it back to how it was?
Redo doesn't need Windows. Download and burn the ISO, place it in your CD-ROM drive, and reboot your machine. The system will load a complete mini operating system with a point-and-click user interface into your computer's memory, without writing any information to your hard drive. Then you will be able to perform backup, restore and recovery actionsâ€”guaranteedâ€”even if you aren't able to boot into your regular operating system.
Redo Backup and Recovery is a GPLv3 Perl script built with a GTK2+ interface designed in Glade. It is simply a front end to partclone, which performs the actual backup and restore. The live CD is built with xPUD to provide a graphical user interface and unmodified binaries of each program, but the script will run on any Linux platform that has the required programs installed. The Perl source code for the script is contained on the live CD itself. The source code for all other components is available from their respective project homes, subject to their respective licenses.
* nice app!